Model 5100-28-IT Combustible Gas Sensor Module
7.6 INSPECTION AND TROUBLESHOOTING GUIDE
The inspection and troubleshooting guide can be used to step through the system start-up and to determine
the corrective action if a fault occurs.
7.7 IF IR MODULE DOES NOT RESPOND TO GAS
1. Repeat calibration procedure.
2. Remove the gas and wait for the timer to completely count down.
3. Apply 50%LEL and verify that the sensor sees 50% LEL gas after calibration.
4. If the sensor still does not see gas, power cycle the unit and repeat calibration.
7.8 IF THE MODULE DISPLAYS “STARTING” FOR MORE THAN 1 HOUR
1. Make sure the sensor is placed in an ambient room temperature environment.
2. Power cycle the sensor.
3. Ensure that the sensor is not exposed to methane during warm-up.
7.8.1 IF THE MODULE DOES NOT DISPLAY THE CORRECT %LEL
1. Power cycle the unit.
2. Recalibrate the sensor.
7.8.2 IF THE DISPLAY SHOWS ‘F’ – LAMP FAIL OR SENSOR MISSING
1. Power down the unit.
2. Open the enclosure and unplug the sensor assembly from the transmitter board.
3. Plug the sensor back into the transmitter board carefully and ensure a secure fit.
4. Check all other connections.
5. Power up the unit.
7.8.3 IF THE MODULE SHOWS “***CALIBRATION REQUIRED***”
1. Calibrate the module.
7.8.4 IF THE DISPLAY SHOWS ‘H’ (OR L) THEN THE LOCAL HIGH OR LOW ALARM IS ACTIVE
7.8.5 IF THE DISPLAY SHOWS ‘W’ – RADIO FREQUENCY INTERFERENCE DETECTED
1. If showing intermittent “W” remove source of interference
2. If showing constant “W” contact technical support
3. If “W” present continuously for 3 minutes then a fault caption will be activated. Fault will clear itself if
noise has gone away for 2 minutes.
7.8.6 IF THE DISPLAY SHOWS “M” – NOT CALIBRATED
1. Calibrate the module.
7.8.7 IF THE DISPLAY SHOWS “C” – CALIBRATION MODE
1. Complete calibration and exit to operating mode.
7.8.8 IF THE DISPLAY SHOWS “S” – SENTRY CONNECTION
1. Check connections with Sentry Controller
7.8.9 IF THE DISPLAY SHOWS ANY FAILURE CODE BELOW:
FAIL 001 – Temperature signal from the sensor failure
FAIL 002 – Sensor detector or reference signal is lower than expected
FAIL 003 – Both the reference and detector signal is clipping
FAIL 004 – Detector signal failure
FAIL 005 – Reference signal failure
FAIL 006 – An internal error has occurred
1. The sensor assembly is defective, contact technical support
7.9 DIAGNOSTIC LEDs
LED 1 = 1 Hz Heartbeat normal, 2 Hz Panic Error
2 = Computation process
3 = 1 Hz Heartbeat normal
4 = HART or Sentry comms activity