Environmental or from your local Dow Corning Distributor.
Make sure the Shim Plate is clean, and apply a "generous" amount of the silicone spray after
shaking the aerosol can. Spray holding the can 8 to 10 inches away. Spray is necessary in the
areas which are below the acceleration nozzles. Allow 3 minutes for the solvent in the spray to
evaporate leaving the final greased Shim Plate tacky, but not slippery. After drying, a cloudy film
is visible, with a film thickness at least twice the diameter of the particles to be captured.
Overspraying with the silicone will not hurt the performance of the SSI, so when in doubt, apply
more silicone spray.
Before reinserting the greased Shim Plate, wipe off all interior surfaces of the SSI and brush any
loose dirt or insects off the Bug Screen located below the removable Shim Plate.
Lift the greased Shim Plate by the edges and place it on the SSI 1st stage plate over top of the
vent tubes with the greased side up in reverse order of the above removal procedure. Swing the
two Shim Plate Clips over the edge of the greased Shim Plate to hold it securely in place.
Close the SSI making sure of a good snug fit. Latch the 4 hooks firmly in place.
5. Close PM10 Inlet carefully and secure with all hooks and catches.
6. Make sure all cords are plugged into their appropriate receptacles and on all VFC systems
make sure the clear tubing between the filter holder pressure tap and the bulkhead fitting is
connected (be careful not to pinch tubing when closing door).
7. Prepare the Timer: See Timer Instructions on page 10, 11, and 12.
8. At the end of the sampling period, remove the frame to expose the filter. Carefully remove the
exposed filter from the supporting screen by holding it gently at the ends (not at the corners).
Fold the filter lengthwise so that sample touches sample.
9. It is always a good idea to contact the lab you are dealing with to see how they may suggest you
collect the filter and any other information that they may require
VERIFICATION OF PROPER OPERATION
TE-6070, TE-6070D, TE-6070-BL, TE-6070D-BL
Mass Flow Controlled High Volume PM10 Systems
1. Be certain the correlation coefficient is greater than .990
2. There must be three Qa numbers in the range for PM10 (1.02 to 1.24 m3/min), it is
suggested to have one high number, three in the range, and one low number.
3. After collecting filter and Recorder chart make sure that the chart is close to the SSP of
the sampler. The sampler must be between 36 to 44 CFM or 1.02 to 1.24 m3/min.
4. After calculating the total volume, the final result must be in the range of 1.02 to 1.24
m3/min with this formula: 1/m((I)[Sqrt(Tav/Pav)]- b).