MOTOR BRUSH REPLACEMENT TE-6070V, TE-6070DV VFC PM10
(110v Brush part #TE-33392)
(220v Brush part #TE-33378)
CAUTION: Unplug the unit from any line voltage sources before any servicing of blower
1. Remove the VFC device by removing the eight bolts. This will expose the gasket and the TE-
115923 motor (220v Motor TE-116111).
2. Rotate the assembly on side, loosen the cord retainer and then push cord into housing and at the
same time let motor slide out exposing the brushes.
3. Looking down at motor, there are 2 brushes, one on each side. Carefully pry the brass tabs (the
tabs are pushed into end of brush) away from the expended brushes and toward the armature.
Pry the tabs until they dislodge from the brushes.
4. With a screwdriver loosen and remove brush holder clamps and release TE-33392 brushes.
Carefully, pull the tabs from expended brushes.
5. Carefully slide the tabs into tab slot of new TE-33392 brush.
6. Push brush carbon against armature until brush housing falls into brush slot on motor.
7. Put brush holder clamps back onto brushes.
8. Make sure the tabs are firmly seated into tab slot. Check field wires for good connections.
9. Insert the motor by placing housing over while pulling power cord out of housing. Be certain
not to pinch the motor wires with the motor spacer ring.
10. Secure power cord with the cord retainer cap.
11. Replace VFC device on top of motor making sure to align gasket.
**IMPORTANT** To enhance motor life:
2. Change brushes before brush shunt touches armature.
2. Seat new brushes by applying 50% voltage for 10 to 15 minutes, the TE-5075
brush break in device allows for the 50% voltage.