1. After the POST memory test begins and before the operating system boot begins, look for a message which
3. The selection bar will move to the Disks section on the right of the screen. Select the hard drives to be
User Input section on the left bottom of the screen.
return to the previous screen.
Installing the SATA RAID/AHCI Driver and Operating System
With the correct BIOS settings, you are ready to install the operating system.
Installing the Operating System
As some operating systems already include Intel®
AHCI driver during the Windows installation process. After the operating system is installed, we recommend
AHCI driver during the OS installation process, please refer to the steps below:
1. Copy the Hw10 folder under the \Boot folder in the driver disk to your USB thumb drive.
2. Boot from the Windows setup disk and perform standard OS installation steps. When the screen requesting
you to load the driver appears, select Browse.
3. Insert the USB thumb drive and then browse to the location of the driver. The location of the drivers is as
4. Select AMD-RAID Bottom DeviceNext to load the driver. Then select AMD-RAID Controller
and click Next to load the driver. Finally, continue the OS installation.
4. On the Select Physical Disks
to Enabled. Next, use the down arrow key to move to Apply Changes
the previous screen and set the Array Size, Array Size Unit, Read Cache Policy and Write Cache Policy.
5. After setting the capacity, move to Create Array
6. After completing, you'll be brought back to the Array Management screen. Under Manage Array Properties
- 38 -