13VHF 7000, 7100US, 7100EU Operation Manual NAVMAN
2-2-3 Delete an Entry
1. Select BUDDY LIST. Press ENT to display the list of entries.
2. Scroll down (if required) to the entry you want to delete and press ENT.
3. Select DELETE then select YES.
4. The entry is deleted immediately and the buddy list is displayed again.
2-3 Local or Distance Sensitivity (LOCAL/DIST)
Use LOCAL/DIST to improve the sensitivity of the receiver either
locally (LOCAL) or over distances (DIST).
LOCAL is not recommended for use in open sea conditions. It is
designed for use in areas of high radio noise; for example, close to
See also SQL (Squelch Control) in Section 1.6.
2-3-1 Set Distance Sensitivity
1. Select LOCAL/DIST then select DIST.
2. Press ENT to activate the DIST setting. This disables local
sensitivity and the menu is displayed again.
2-3-2 Set Local Sensitivity
1. Select LOCAL/DIST then scroll to
2. Press ENT to activate the LOCAL
setting. This disables distance
sensitivity and the menu is displayed
LOCAL is displayed on the LCD as a reminder that local sensitivity is selected.
2-4 Backlighting (BACKLIGHT) and Contrast (CONTRAST)
Use BACKLIGHT to set the backlight levels for the LCD and the
keypad at a comfortable level.
The microphone keypad backlighting is either ON or OFF.
Use CONTRAST to set the contrast level for the LCD.