5VHF 7000, 7100US, 7100EU Operation Manual NAVMAN
Section 1 - General Information
Congratulations on your purchase of a Navman VHF 7000, 7100US, or 7100EU
marine band VHF radio. All of these models provide the following useful features:
• prominent channel display
• adjustable contrast settings for the LCD
• adjustable keypad backlighting for easy night-time use
• waterproof and submersible to comply with JIS-7
• GPS latitude and longitude (LL) and time display (when connected
to a GPS)
• choice of High or Low (25 W or 1 W) transmission power
• top centred PTT button for comfortable left- or right-handed use
• powerful 4 W external audio output
• access to all currently-available marine VHF channel banks (USA,
Canada, International) including weather channels where available
• special CH16 or CH16/9 key for quick access to the priority (international
• special 3CH key to select your three favourite channels
• PSCAN (similar to dual watch) facility
In addition, the VHF 7100 models also provide:
• DSC (Digital Select Calling) capability that meets USCG SC101 and
Class D Standards. 7100US only.
• DSC (Digital Select Calling) capability that meets EC Class D Standards.
VHF 7100EU only.
• DISTRESS call button to automatically transmit the MMSID and position
until an acknowledgement is received
• easy access to a buddy list of up to 20 favourite people
• MMSID storage for three favourite groups
• Group Call and All Ships Call facility
• LL position polling information
• Weather alert facility. VHF 7100US only.
• ATIS facility for inland waterways. VHF 7100EU only.