With the correct BIOS settings, you are ready to install the operating system.
driver during the Windows installation process. After the operating system is installed, we recommend that you
driver during the OS installation process, please refer to the steps below:
1. Copy the IRST folder under \Boot in the driver disk to your USB thumb drive.
2. Boot from the Windows setup disk and perform standard OS installation steps. When the screen requesting
you to load the driver appears, select Browse.
4. When a screen as shown, select Intel Chipset SATA RAID Controller and click Next to load the driver and
continue the OS installation.
3-2 InstallinganIntel® Optane™ Memory
1. Intel® Optane™ memory.
2. The Optane™ memory must have at least 16 GB capacity, and it must have equal or smaller capacity than
the hard drive/SSD to be accelerated.
3. The Optane™
4. The hard drive/SSD to be accelerated must be a SATA hard drive or M.2 SATA SSD.
5. The hard drive/SSD to be accelerated can be a system drive or data drive. The system drive must be GPT formatted
and have Windows 10 64-bit (or later version) installed on it. The data drive must also be GPT formatted.
6. The motherboard driver disk.
1. After entering the operating system, insert the motherboard driver disk into your optical drive. On the Xpress
Install screen, select Intel(R) Optane(TM) Memory System Acceleration (Note) to install. Follow the on-screen
instructions to continue. When completed, restart the system.
2. After re-entering the operating system, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the settings, and then
the Intel® Optane™ Memory application will appear automatically. All data on the Optane™ memory will be
erased. Make sure you back up the data before continuing. Follow the on-screen instructions to proceed.
When completed, restart the system.
3. Launch the Intel® Optane™ Memory application from the Start menu and make sure the Intel® Optane™
so will cause the Optane™ memory unable to function properly.)
the Intel® Optane™MemoryPinning function. (The Optane™ memory used must have at least 32 GB capacity.)
(Note) If the system already has Intel®
- 41 -