TE-5170 TSP MFC 32 Operations Manual
Maintenance and Care
A regular maintenance schedule will allow a monitoring network to operate for longer
periods of time without system failure. Adjustments in routine maintenance frequency
may be necessary due to the operational demands on instruments. It is recommended
that the following cleaning and maintenance activities be observed until a stable
operating history of the sampler has been established.
TE-5170 MFC TSP Sampler:
1. Make sure all gaskets (including TE-5005-4 motor cushion) are in good shape
and that they seal properly.
2. The power cords should be checked for good connections and for cracks
(replace if necessary).
CAUTION: Do not allow power cord or outlets to be immersed in water!
3. Inspect the filter screen and remove any foreign deposits.
4. Inspect the filter holder frame gasket each sample period and make sure of
5. Check or replace 110v or 220v motor brushes every 400 to 500 running hours.
6. After replacing motor brushes two times, a new motor must be used.
7. Make sure elapsed time indicator is working properly by applying power and
8. Make sure continuous flow recorder pen is still inking each time, tubing has no
crimps or cracks, and that the door is sealed completely.