Installing the SATA RAID/AHCI Driver and Operating System
Installing the Operating System
As some operating systems already include Intel®
that you install all required drivers from the motherboard driver disk using "Xpress Install" to ensure system
performance and compatibility. If the operating system to be installed requires that you provide additional SATA
1. Copy the IRST folder under \Boot in the driver disk to your USB thumb drive.
you to load the driver appears, select Browse.
4. Intel Chipset SATA RAID Controller and click Next to load the driver and
continue the OS installation.
3-2 Installing an Intel® Optane™ Memory
1. Intel® Optane™ memory
2. The Optane™ memory must have at least 16 GB capacity, and it must have equal or smaller capacity than
3. The Optane™
5. The motherboard driver disk
A-1: Installation in AHCI mode
1. After entering the operating system, insert the motherboard driver disk into your optical drive. On the Xpress
Install screen, select Intel(R) Optane(TM) Memory System Acceleration to install. Follow the on-screen
instructions to continue. The system will auto-restart.
2. After re-entering the operating system, the dialog box as shown above will appear. Click Yes to continue the
installation and then restart the system.
3. ® Optane™
Memory is disabled will appear on the main screen. Click Enable to activate the Intel® Optane™ Memory
and restart the system again.
4. ® Optane™
will prevent Intel® Optane™
- 41 -