- 13 - Hardware Installation
1-3 Installing the CPU and CPU Cooler
1-3-1 Installing the CPU
A. Locate the alignment keys on the motherboard CPU socket and the notches on the CPU.
Alignment KeyAlignment Key
LGA1366 CPU Socket Pin One Corner of the CPU Socket
Triangle Pin One Marking on the CPU
Read the following guidelines before you begin to install the CPU:
• Make sure that the motherboard supports the CPU.
(Go to GIGABYTE's website for the latest CPU support list.)
• Always turn off the computer and unplug the power cord from the power outlet before installing
the CPU to prevent hardware damage.
• Locate the pin one of the CPU. The CPU cannot be inserted if oriented incorrectly. (Or you may
locate the notches on both sides of the CPU and alignment keys on the CPU socket.)
• Apply an even and thin layer of thermal grease on the surface of the CPU.
• Do not turn on the computer if the CPU cooler is not installed, otherwise overheating and dam-
age of the CPU may occur.
standard requirements for the peripherals. If you wish to set the frequency beyond the standard
ics card, memory, hard drive, etc.