Hardware Installation - 16 -
This motherboard provides eight DDR3 memory sockets and supports Four Channel Technology. After the
abling Four Channel memory mode will be four times of the original memory bandwidth.
The four DDR3 memory sockets are divided into four channels each channel has two memory sockets as
Channel 1: DDR3_P0_A0, DDR3_P0_A1 (For pimary CPU)
DDR3_P0_E0, DDR3_P0_E1 (For secondary CPU)
Channel 2: DDR3_P0_B0, DDR3_P0_B1(For pimary CPU)
DDR3_P0_F0, DDR3_P0_F1 (For secondary CPU)
Channel 3: DDR3_P0_C0, DDR3_P0_C1(For pimary CPU)
DDR3_P0_G0, DDR3_P0_G1 (For secondary CPU)
Channel 4: DDR3_P0_D0, DDR3_P0_D1(For pimary CPU)
DDR3_H0_F0, DDR3_P0_H1 (For secondary CPU)
1-4 Installing the Memory
Read the following guidelines before you begin to install the memory:
• Make sure that the motherboard supports the memory. It is recommended that memory of the
same capacity, brand, speed, and chips be used.
Go to GIGABYTE's website for the latest supported memory speeds and memory modules.
• Always turn off the computer and unplug the power cord from the power outlet before installing
the memory to prevent hardware damage.
• Memory modules have a foolproof design. A memory module can be installed in only one direc-
tion. If you are unable to insert the memory, switch the direction.
Due to CPU limitations, read the following guidelines before installing the memory in Four Channel mode.
1. Four Channel mode cannot be enabled if only one DDR3 memory module is installed.
2. When enabling Four Channel mode with two or four memory modules, it is recommended that
memory of the same capacity, brand, speed, and chips be used for optimum performance.