23FISH 4200 Installation and Operation Manual
Correct installation is critical to the performance of
the FISH 4200. There are two components to install,
the display unit and the transducer. It is vital to read
the entire installation section of this manual and
the documentation that comes with the transducer
before attempting installation.
5-1 What comes with the FISH 4200?
· Through hull Speed/Temperature transducer
· Through hull Depth transducer
· In hull Depth transducer
Other options and accessories
· Replacement paddle wheel
· Adapter cable for through hull transducer
· Carry bag
· Transducer extension cable
· Fuel kit (single or twin available)
· FISH 4200 display unit
· Power cable
· Mounting bracket (screws included)
· Warranty registration card
· This manual
· Transducer (includes cable kit and screws)
· Transducer Installation Manual
· Sun cover
· Flush mounting kit
5-2 Options and Accessories
There are two mounting arrangements:
·Flush mounting requires a solid panel
with access behind for wiring and mounting
·Bracket mounting requires a panel for
mounting the bracket. The bracket can be
rotated and tilted.
Select a position where the display head will be:
· at least 4" (100 mm) away from the compass.
· at least 12" (300 mm) away from any radio
· at least 4' (1.2 m) away from any antenna.
· easy to read by the helmsman and crew
· protected from physical damage during
rough sea passages.
· easy to access the 12 volt power source.
· convenient to route the transducer cables.
1. Fix the mounting bracket onto the boat using the
three stainless steel screws. Do not overtighten
as the bracket may not rotate.
2. Push the display unit onto the mounting
5-3 Mounting the FISH 4200 Display Unit
bracket and tighten it firmly using the knob on
the mounting bracket.
3. Attach the cables
Removing the FISH 4200
The FISH 4200 can be removed after each use for
protection against the environment or security
When removing the FISH 4200 ensure that the plugs
left in the boat are not exposed to the elements. Push
the attached dust covers over the exposed ends of
the plugs. Keep the display unit in a dry clean place
such as the optional NAVMAN carry bag.
1. Cut a hole in the bulkhead for the display
unit using the flush mount template.
2. Drill four holes for the mounting studs
using the flush mount template.
3. Screw the four studs into the brass inserts
in the back of the display unit.
4. Sit the display unit in place and fit the
washers and nuts to the studs.
Repeater for Depth, Speed, Water Temperature,
Battery Voltage (see section 5-5).
Please consult your NAVMAN dealer for more