Smart V 3.0 | User Manual for Palm OS® 5
7. Main Menu Screen
The Main Menu screen gives you access to all of Smart’s functions, including navigating to a destination.
1. From the Map screen, tap to open the Main Menu screen.
2. Tap , to display more Main Menu options.
8. GPS Status
Signals are transmitted by Global Positioning System (GPS) satellites orbiting the Earth. This screen provides a visual
representation of the information being received. Latitude and longitude are displayed, along with a North-pointing
compass, the heading in degrees and ground speed. Satellites available are shown as segments.
From the Main Menu, tap GPS Status. The GPS Status screen will display:
• Yellow Segment - a satellite is being tracked but is not being used
• Red Segment - a satellite is being used to determine a two-dimensional (2D) position ﬁx.
• Green Segment - a satellite is being used to determine a three-dimensional (3D) position ﬁx.
The circle under the satellite segments is green when there is a valid ﬁx (2D or 3D) and red when there is no ﬁx.
While a 2D ﬁx is sufﬁcient to maintain a valid ﬁx, a 3D ﬁx is more accurate.
Latitude and longitude of current
Tap to toggle the units displayed
between degrees, minutes
and decimal seconds; decimal
degrees; degrees and decimal
Each segment represents a satellite
Type of ﬁx
A green circle indicates the GPS
Receiver has a valid ﬁx;
A red circle indicates no valid ﬁx
Coordinated Universal Time (UTC)
Number of satellites used in GPS ﬁx
Indicates whether the COM port is open