TE-5170D-BL TSP MFC 32 Operations Manual
Maintenance and Care
A regular maintenance schedule will allow a monitoring network to operate for
longer periods of time without system failure. Adjustments in routine
maintenance frequencies are necessary due to the operational demands on
instruments. It is recommended that the following cleaning and maintenance
activities be observed until a stable operating history of the sampler has been
1. Make sure all gaskets (including motor cushion) are in good shape and that
they seal properly.
2. The power cords should be checked for good connections and for cracks
(replace if necessary).
CAUTION: DO NOT allow power cord or outlets to be immersed in water!
3. Inspect the filter screen and remove any foreign deposits.
4. Inspect the filter holder frame gasket each sample period and make sure of
an airtight seal.
5. Make sure elapsed time indicator is working properly by applying power
6. Make sure continuous flow recorder pen is still inking each time, tubing has
no crimps or cracks, and that the door is sealed completely.