TE-5200 17 Operations Manual
5. Qstd = .6776261[Sqrt((5.7)(.9960526)(1.0170648)) + .00613]
6. Qstd = .6776261[Sqrt(5.7771295) + .00613]
7. Qstd = .6776261[2.4035659 + .00613]
8. Qstd = .6776261[2.4096959]
9. Qstd = 1.632
Throughout these example problems you may find that your answers vary
some from those arrived at here. This is probably due to different calculators
carrying numbers to different decimal points. The variations are usually slight
and should not be a point of concern.
With the Qstd determined, the corrected flow reading (FLOW (corrected)) for
this run point needs to be calculated using the following equation:
10. FLOW (corrected) = [Sqrt((H2O)(Pa/760)(298/Ta))]
FLOW (corrected) = sampler manometer readings corrected to standard
H2O = sampler manometer readings during calibration
Pa = ambient barometric pressure during calibration, mm Hg.
760 = standard barometric pressure, mm Hg
Ta = ambient temperature during calibration, K ( K = 273 + oC)
298 = standard temperature, K
Inserting the data from run point one on the calibration worksheet we get:
11. FLOW (corrected) = [Sqrt(5.4)(757/760)(298/293)]
12. FLOW (corrected) = Sqrt(5.47047)
13. FLOW (corrected) = 2.3389035
This procedure should be completed for all five run points.