TE-WILBUR OPERATIONS MANUAL REV 002.22 4/27/2017
Tisch Environmental 1-TSP-AND-PM10 email@example.com www.tisch-env.com Page 48 of 185
8. Unscrew the threaded insert.
9. Wipe down the threaded insert and the inside of the body where it
inserts into with a lint-free laboratory wipe.
10. Inspect the o-ring on the outer lip of the threaded insert for wear or
damage. Replace if worn or damaged.
11. Thread the threaded insert back into the cyclone body.
12. Place a small amount of o-ring grease around the o-rings on the
13. Push the connector onto the tubes.
14. Thread the collector cup back into the body.
15. Wipe out the bottom exit of the cyclone with a lint-free wipe.
16. Place back onto filter holder and push downtube back onto top of
17. Ensure to place the PM10 inlet back onto unit prior to sampling.
The TE-PM2.5C Fractionator has the following O-rings that should be
inspected for wear and replaced as needed.
Exit Nozzle O-Rings
Collector Cup O-Ring
Threaded Insert O-Ring
Connector tube O-Rings
Stainless steel bolt O-Rings
These can also be ordered together in a kit by part number TE-W-030.
5.5 Placing of the Cyclone and PM10 Head
To sample for PM10 you would install the downtube onto the top of the filter
holder and then the TE-PM10 head onto the top of the downtube.
To sample for PM2.5 you would install the TE-PM2.5C onto the top of the filter
holder, then the downtube and lastly the TE-PM10 head on top of the downtube.
NOTE: The downtube adapter has o-rings inside of it to prevent water from
entering the enclosure. Ensure these o-rings are greased when
removing and installing the downtube.