TE-CD-TSP 34 Operations Manual
1. After performing calibration procedure, remove filter holder frame by loosening the
four wing nuts allowing the brass bolts and washers to swing down out of the way.
Shift frame to one side and remove.
2. Carefully center a new filter, rougher side up, on the supporting screen. Properly
align the filter on the screen so that when the frame is in position the gasket will
form an airtight seal on the outer edges of the filter.
3. Secure the filter with the frame, brass bolts, and washers with sufficient pressure to
avoid air leakage at the edges (make sure that the plastic washers are on top of the
4. Wipe any dirt accumulation from around the filter holder with a clean cloth.
5. Close shelter lid carefully and secure with the "S" hook.
6. Prepare the Timer as instructed below.
7. At the end of the sampling period, remove the frame to expose the filter. Carefully
remove the exposed filter from the supporting screen by holding it gently at the ends
(not at the corners). Fold the filter lengthwise so that sample touches sample.
8. It is always a good idea to contact the lab you are dealing with to see how they may
suggest you collect the filter and any other information that they may need.