TE-CD-TSP 43 Operations Manual
STEP BY STEP GUIDE
This section of the manual serves as a quick guide providing step by step instructions to some of the
most important features of the VFC+. For additional details, refer to the relevant section of this manual.
Step by Step: Connecting the Tubing
The VFC+ system includes three pieces of 1/8” clear vinyl tubing and a three-way barbed T-fitting.
1. One Piece of tubing will be attached to the bulkhead fitting on the inside of the aluminum
shelter; the other end of this piece of tubing will be attached to the T-fitting.
2. The second piece of clear tubing will be attached to the bottom of the VFC+ controller, the other
wend will be attached to the T-fitting
3. The Third piece of tubing will be connected to the T-fitting, the other end of this piece of tubing
will get connected to the stagnation port on the side of the Stainless-Steel filter holder funnel.
Note: This tubing must all be connected during the sample, the VFC+ collects the pressure drop from
the stagnation port to calculate the ambient flow. The tubing attached to the bulk head fitting on the side
of the aluminum shelter is used for calibration (see flow calibration instructions for more information).
Step by Step: Setting the Date and Time
The following steps provide instructions for setting the date and time.
1. From the Main Status Screen, press “F3” key to enter the SETUP menu.
2. Scroll using the arrow keys and select the CONFIGURE menu item and press the “ENT” key.
3. Select “SET DATE” and press the “ENT” key. If adjusting date and time, the date should
always be set first. If only setting the time, proceed to Step 5.
4. Using the numeric keypad enter the starting date for the timer and press the “ENT” key. The
date should be entered with leading zero. For example, January 02, 2007 would be entered as
5. Select “SET TIME” and press the “ENT” key.
6. Using the numeric keypad enter the starting time for the timer and press the “ENT” key. The
time should be entered with leading zeros and in 24-hour format. For example, 1:00 PM would
be entered as 1300 while 1:00 AM would be entered as 0100.