TE-PNY1123 29 Operations Manual
1. After performing calibration procedure, remove filter holder frame by
loosening the four wing nuts allowing the brass bolts and washers to
swing down out of the way. Shift frame to one side and remove.
2. Carefully center a new filter, rougher side up, on the supporting screen.
Properly align the filter on the screen so that when the frame is in
position the gasket will form an airtight seal on the outer edges of the
3. Secure the filter with the frame, brass bolts, and washers with sufficient
pressure to avoid air leakage at the edges (make sure that the plastic
washers are on top of the frame).
4. Wipe any dirt accumulation from around the filter holder with a clean
5. Close shelter lid carefully and secure with the "S" hook.
6. Open door. Unscrew 6" Spool Piece and insert prepared PUF of your
7. Make sure all cords are plugged into their appropriate receptacles and
the rubber tubing between the blower motor pressure tap and the TE-
5008 manometer is connected (be careful not to pinch tubing when
8. Prepare the Timer as instructed.
9. Manually trip timer switch on to determine if sampler is operating
10. Manually trip timer switch off. If the timer is set correctly you are ready
11. At the end of the sampling period, remove the frame to expose the filter.
Carefully remove the exposed filter from the supporting screen by
holding it gently at the ends (not at the corners). Fold the filter
lengthwise so that sample touches sample. Unscrew 6" Spool Piece and
collect sample. Screw on both end caps to seal foam in spool piece.
12. It is always a good idea to contact the lab you are dealing with to see how
they may suggest you collect the filter and the PUF and any other
information that they may need.