Set Up the Router’s iTunes Server With the Remote App
You can play music from a USB device that is connected to your router on your iPhone or iPad using the
Apple Remote app.
To set up the router’s iTunes server to play music on your iPhone or iPad:
1. Connect a USB storage device to a USB port on your router.
2. If your USB storage device uses a power supply, connect it.
You must use the power supply when you connect the USB storage device to the router.
When you connect the USB storage device to the router’s USB port, it might take up to two minutes
before it is ready for sharing. By default, the USB storage device is available to all computers on your
local area network (LAN).
3. Connect your iPhone or iPad to your router’s WiFi network.
4. Download the Remote app from the Apple App Store.
5. Launch the Remote app from your iPhone or iPad.
6. In the Remote app, click the Add a Device button.
The passcode displays in the Remote app.
7. Specify the passcode in the router to set up your iTunes server.
a. Launch a web browser from a computer or mobile device that is connected to your router's network.
b. Enter http://www.routerlogin.net.
A login window opens.
c. Enter the router user name and password.
The user name is admin. The default password is password. The user name and password are
The BASIC Home page displays.
d. Select ADVANCED > USB Functions > ReadyShARE Storage > Media Server.
The Media Server (Settings) page displays.
e. Select the Enable iTunes Server (Music Only) check box.
f. Click the Apply button.
g. Enter the passcode.
h. Click the Allow Control button.
Your settings are saved.
Your iPhone or iPad pairs with the router and the iTunes Server is ready. The router displays in the
8. In the Remote app, tap the router your iPhone or iPad is connected to.
The music that is on the USB device that is connected to the router displays in the app.
Use the Router as a Media Server
Nighthawk X6S AC4000 Tri-Band WiFi Router