If your modem uses a battery backup, put the battery back in.
3. Connect your modem to the Internet port of your router with the Ethernet cable that came with your
4. Connect the power adapter to your router and plug the power adapter into an outlet.
5. Press the Power On/Off button on the rear panel of the router.
Turn the LEDs On or Off or Disable LED Blinking
You can turn off the router LEDs using the LED On/Off switch on the rear panel of the router.You can also
log in to the router to disable or enable LED blinking or turn off the LEDs.
Turn the LEDs On or Off Using the LED On/Off Switch
Use the LED On/Off switch on the rear panel of the router to turn off the LEDs, including the LEDs on the
four active antennas. Note that the Power LED stays lit even if the LED On/Off switch is in the Off position.
To turn the LEDs on or off using the LED On/Off switch:
Move the LED On/Off switch on the rear panel to the On or Off position.
Disable or Enable LED Blinking or Turn Off LEDs
Log in to the router to disable or enable LED blinking.You can also turn off the LEDs.
To disable LED blinking or turn off the LEDs using the router’s web interface:
1. Launch a web browser from a computer or mobile device that is connected to the network.
2. Enter http://www.routerlogin.net in the address field.
A login window opens.
3. Enter the router user name and password.
The user name is admin. The default password is password. The user name and password are
The BASIC Home page displays.
4. Select ADVANCED > Advanced Setup > LED Control Settings.
The LED Control Settings page displays.
5. Select an LED control setting:
Nighthawk X6S AC4000 Tri-Band WiFi Router