7. (Optional) Select the Use This Interface ID check box and specify the interface ID to be used for the
IPv6 address of the router’s LAN interface.
If you do not specify an ID here, the router generates one automatically from its MAC address.
8. Select an IPv6 Filtering radio button:
•Secured. In secured mode, which is the default mode, the router inspects both TCP and UDP packets.
•Open. In open mode, the router inspects UDP packets only.
9. Click the Apply button.
Your settings are saved.
Set Up an IPv6 6to4 Tunnel Internet Connection
The remote relay router is the router to which your router creates a 6to4 tunnel. Make sure that the IPv4
Internet connection is working before you apply the 6to4 tunnel settings for the IPv6 connection.
To set up an IPv6 Internet connection by using a 6to4 tunnel:
1. Launch a web browser from a WiFi-enabled computer or mobile device that is connected to the network.
2. Enter http://www.routerlogin.net.
A login window opens.
3. Enter the router user name and password.
The user name is admin. The default password is password. The user name and password are
The BASIC Home page displays.
4. Select ADVANCED > Advanced Setup > IPv6.
The IPv6 page displays.
5. From the Internet Connection Type menu, select 6to4 Tunnel.
The page adjusts.
The router automatically detects the information in the Router’s IPv6 Address on LAN field. This field
shows the IPv6 address that is acquired for the router’s LAN interface. The number after the slash (/)
is the length of the prefix, which is also indicated by the underline (_) under the IPv6 address. If no
address is acquired, the field displays Not Available.
6. Select a Remote 6to4 Relay Router radio button:
•Auto. Your router uses any remote relay router that is available on the Internet. This is the default
•Static IP Address. Enter the static IPv4 address of the remote relay router. Your IPv6 ISP usually
provides this address.
7. Select an IP Address Assignment radio button:
•Use DHCP Server. This method passes more information to LAN devices but some IPv6 systems
might not support the DHCPv6 client function.
•Auto Config. This is the default setting.
Specify Your Internet Settings
Nighthawk X6S AC4000 Tri-Band WiFi Router