You can type the domain name of your IPv6 ISP. Do not enter the domain name for the IPv4 ISP here.
For example, if your ISP’s mail server is mail.xxx.yyy.zzz, type xxx.yyy.zzz as the domain name. If your
ISP provided a domain name, type it in this field. For example, Earthlink Cable might require a host
name of home, and Comcast sometimes supplies a domain name.
8. Select an IP Address Assignment radio button:
•Use DHCP Server. This method passes more information to LAN devices but some IPv6 systems
might not support the DHCv6 client function.
•Auto Config. This is the default setting.
This setting specifies how the router assigns IPv6 addresses to the devices on your home network (the
9. (Optional) Select the Use This Interface ID check box and specify the interface ID to be used for the
IPv6 address of the router’s LAN interface.
If you do not specify an ID here, the router generates one automatically from its MAC address.
10. Select an IPv6 Filtering radio button:
•Secured. In secured mode, which is the default mode, the router inspects both TCP and UDP packets.
•Open. In open mode, the router inspects UDP packets only.
11. Click the Apply button.
Your settings are saved.
Set Up an IPv6 PPPoE Internet Connection
To set up a PPPoE IPv6 Internet connection:
1. Launch a web browser from a WiFi-enabled computer or mobile device that is connected to the network.
2. Type http://www.routerlogin.net.
A login window opens.
3. Enter the router user name and password.
The user name is admin. The default password is password. The user name and password are
The BASIC Home page displays.
4. Select ADVANCED > Advanced Setup > IPv6.
The IPv6 page displays.
5. From the Internet Connection Type menu, select PPPoE.
The page adjusts.
The router automatically detects the information in the following fields:
•Router’s IPv6 Address on WAN. This field shows the IPv6 address that is acquired for the router’s
WAN (or Internet) interface. The number after the slash (/) is the length of the prefix, which is also
Specify Your Internet Settings
Nighthawk X6S AC4000 Tri-Band WiFi Router