Use Keywords to Block Internet Sites
You can use keywords to block certain Internet sites from your network. You can use blocking all the time
or based on a schedule.
To block Internet sites:
1. Launch a web browser from a WiFi-enabled computer or mobile device that is connected to the network.
2. Enter http://www.routerlogin.net.
A login window opens.
3. Enter the router user name and password.
The user name is admin. The default password is password. The user name and password are
The BASIC Home page displays.
4. Select ADVANCED > Security > Block Sites.
The Block Sites page displays.
5. Select a keyword blocking option:
•Per Schedule.Turn on keyword blocking according to a schedule that you set. For more information,
see Schedule When to Block Internet Sites and Services on page 44.
•Always. Turn on keyword blocking all the time, independent of the Schedule page.
6. In the Type keyword or domain name here field, enter a keyword or domain that you want to block.
•Specify XXX to block http://www.badstuff.com/xxx.html.
•Specify .com if you want to allow only sites with domain suffixes such as .edu or .gov.
•Enter a period (.) to block all Internet browsing access.
7. Click the Add Keyword button.
The keyword is added to the keyword list. The keyword list supports up to 32 entries.
8. Click the Apply button.
Keyword blocking takes effect.
Control Access to the Internet
Nighthawk X6S AC4000 Tri-Band WiFi Router