The modem router lists many default services and applications that you can use in outbound rules.You can
also add an outbound firewall rule for a custom service or application.
For information about blocking specific keywords, URLs, or sites, see Use Keywords to Block Internet Sites
on page 97. This type of blocking is another aspect of the outbound firewall. For information about inbound
firewall rules, see Manage Port Forwarding and Port Triggering on page 188.
Service blocking means the same thing as applying outbound firewall rules.Note
Add an Outbound Firewall Rule
You can add an outbound firewall rule to prevent access to a specific service or application on the Internet.
To add an outbound firewall rule:
1. Launch a web browser from a computer or mobile device that is connected to the network.
2. Enter http://www.routerlogin.net.
A login window opens.
3. Enter the modem router user name and password.
The user name is admin. The default password is password. The user name and password are
The BASIC Home page displays.
4. Select ADVANCED > Security > Block Services.
The Block Services page displays.
5. In the Services Blocking section, specify how the modem router applies outbound rules:
•Per Schedule. Use keyword blocking according to a schedule that you set.
For more information, see Set Up a Schedule for Keyword Blocking and Outbound Firewall Rules
on page 103.
•Always. Use keyword blocking continuously.
6. Below the Service Table, click the Add button.
The Block Services Setup page displays.
7. From the Service Type menu, select service or application to be covered by this rule.
If the service or application does not display in the list, you can add it (see Add an Outbound Firewall
Rule for a Custom Service or Application on page 101).
8. Specify which devices on your LAN are affected by the rule, based on their IP addresses:
•Only This IP Address. Enter the required address in the fields to apply the rule to a single device
on your LAN.
•IP Address Range. Enter the required addresses in the start and end fields to apply the rule to a
range of devices.
•All IP Addresses. All computers and devices on your LAN are covered by this rule.
By default, the All IP Addresses radio button is selected.
9. Click the Add button.
Control Access to the Internet
Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router Model D7000v2