4. In the Server Address field, enter smb://readyshare.
5. Click the Connect button.
6. When prompted, select the Guest radio button.
7. If you set up access control on the router and you allowed your Mac to access the network, select the
Registered User radio button and enter admin for the name and password for the password.
For more information about access control, see Allow or Block Access to Your Network on page 94.
8. Click the Connect button.
A window displays the files and folders on the device.
Back Up Windows-Based Computers with ReadySHARE
The modem router comes with free backup software for all the Windows-based computers in your home.
Connect a USB storage device to the modem router for centralized, continuous, and automatic backup.
The following operating systems support ReadySHARE Vault:
To back up your Windows-based computer:
1. Connect a USB storage device to one of the USB ports on the modem router.
2. If your USB device uses a power supply, connect it.
You must use the power supply when you connect the USB device to the modem router.
When you connect the storage device to the modem router’s port, it might take up to two minutes before
it is ready for sharing. By default, the device is available to all computers on your local area network
3. Download ReadySHARE Vault from netgear.com/readyshare and install it on each Windows-based
4. Launch ReadySHARE Vault.
5. Use the dashboard or the Backup tab to set up and run your backup.
Back Up Mac Computers With Time Machine
You can use Time Machine to back up your Mac computers onto a USB hard drive that is connected to the
USB port on the modem router. You can access the connected storage device from your Mac with a wired
or WiFi connection to your modem router.
Share a Storage Device
Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router Model D7000v2