To remove a USB device safely:
1. Launch a web browser from a WiFi-enabled computer or mobile device that is connected to the network.
2. Enter http://www.routerlogin.net.
A login window opens.
3. Enter the modem router user name and password.
The user name is admin. The default password is password. The user name and password are
The BASIC Home page displays.
4. Select ADVANCED > USB Functions > ReadySHARE Storage.
The USB Storage (Advanced Settings) page displays.
5. In the Available Network Folders table, select the device.
6. Click the Safely Remove USB Device button.
The device goes offline and a pop-up window opens.
7. Click the OK button.
8. Physically disconnect the USB device.
Share a Storage Device
Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router Model D7000v2