The Dynamic DNS page displays.
5. Select the Use a Dynamic DNS Service check box.
6. From the Service Provider menu, select your provider.
7. Select the Yes radio button.
The page adjusts.
8. In the Host Name field, enter the host name (sometimes called the domain name) for your account.
9. Depending on the type of account, specify your user name or email address:
•For a No-IP or Dyn account, in the User Name field, enter the user name for your account.
•For a NETGEAR account, in the Email field, enter the email address for your account.
10. In the Password (6~32 characters) field, enter the password for your DDNS account.
11. Click the Apply button.
Your settings are saved.
12. To verify that your Dynamic DNS service is enabled in the modem router, click the Show Status button.
A message displays the Dynamic DNS status.
Access Storage Devices Through the Internet
If you connect a USB storage device to the modem router, you can access the USB device through the
Internet when you are not home. After you gain access, you can use FTP to share files on the USB device.
Access Storage Devices From a Remote Computer
You can access storage devices that are attached to your modem router from a remote computer.
To access devices from a remote computer:
1. Launch a web browser on a computer that is not on your home network.
2. Connect to your modem router, on your home network:
•To connect with Dynamic DNS, type the DNS name.
To use a Dynamic DNS account, you must enter the account information on the Dynamic DNS page
(see Set Up and Manage Dynamic DNS on page 128).
•To connect without Dynamic DNS, type the modem router’s Internet port IP address.
You can view the modem router’s Internet IP address on the BASIC Home page.
Set Up FTP Access Through the Internet
If you attach a storage device to the modem router, you can access the storage device from your network
(see Enable FTP Access Within Your Network on page 121). You can also set up FTP access through the
Internet so that you can access the storage device from outside your local network, for example, when you
are not at home.
Manage Dynamic DNS and Access Storage Devices Through the Internet
Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router Model D7000v2