Install the Printer Driver and Cable the Printer
Some USB printer manufacturers (for example, HP and Lexmark) request that you do not connect the USB
cable until the installation software prompts you to do so.
To install the driver and cable the printer:
1. On each computer on your network that shares the USB printer, install the driver software for the USB
If the printer driver is not installed, contact the printer manufacturer.
2. Use a USB printer cable to connect the USB printer to one of the USB ports on the modem router.
Each side panel provides one USB 3.0 port. The left side panel contains USB port 1. The right side
panel contains USB port 2.
Download the ReadySHARE Printer Utility
The utility works on Windows-based computers, Mac computers, smartphones, and tablets.
To download the ReadySHARE Printer utility:
1. Visit netgear.com/readyshare.
2. Scroll down to the Print From the Comfort of Your Home Network section at the bottom of the page.
3. Click one of the following links:
•Download PC installer and get started. This is the utility for Windows-based computers.
•Download Mac installer and get started. This is the utility for MAC computers.
•Download the genie App and get started. This is the utility for smartphones and tablets.
4. Follow the onscreen instructions to download the ReadySHARE Printer utility setup file.
Install the ReadySHARE Printer Utility
You must install the ReadySHARE Printer utility on each computer that will share the printer. After you install
it, the utility displays as NETGEAR USB Control Center on your computer. For more information about how
to use the NETGEAR USB Control Center, visit
To install the utility:
1. If necessary, unzip the ReadySHARE Printer utility setup file.
2. Double-click the ReadySHARE Printer utility setup file that you downloaded.
The InstallShield Wizard opens.
3. Follow the prompts to install NETGEAR USB Control Center.
After the InstallShield Wizard completes the installation, the NETGEAR USB Control Center prompts
you to select a language.
4. Select a language from the menu and click the OK button.
Share a USB Printer
Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router Model D7000v2