d. To specify a priority for the VLAN, in the Priority (0 ~ 7) field, enter a value from 0 to 7.
e. Click the Apply button.
Your settings are saved for the virtual IPTV interface.
Manage the WAN Security Settings
The WAN security settings include port scan protection and denial of service (DoS) protection, which can
protect your LAN against attacks such as Syn flood, Smurf Attack, Ping of Death, and many others. By
default, DoS protection is enabled and a port scan is rejected.
You can also enable the modem router to respond to a ping to its WAN (Internet) port. This feature allows
your modem router to be discovered. Enable this feature only as a diagnostic tool or if a specific reason
To change the default WAN security settings:
1. Launch a web browser from a computer or mobile device that is connected to the network.
2. Enter http://www.routerlogin.net.
A login window opens.
3. Enter the modem router user name and password.
The user name is admin. The default password is password. The user name and password are
The BASIC Home page displays.
4. Select ADVANCED > Setup > WAN Setup.
The WAN Setup page displays.
5. To enable a port scan and disable DoS protection, clear the Disable Port Scan and DoS Protection
6. To enable the modem router to respond to a ping, select the Respond to Ping on Internet Port check
7. Click the Apply button.
Your settings are saved.
Set Up a Default DMZ Server
The default DMZ server feature is helpful when you are using some online games and videoconferencing
applications that are incompatible with Network Address Translation (NAT).The modem router is programmed
to recognize some of these applications and to work correctly with them, but other applications might not
function well. In some cases, one local computer can run the application correctly if the IP address for that
computer is entered as the default DMZ server.
Manage the WAN and LAN Network Settings
Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router Model D7000v2