6. Select the Connection time control radio button.
The modem router must be connected to the Internet for you to be able to select the
Connection time control radio button.
7. In the Monthly Limit field, enter how many hours per month are allowed.
The modem router must be connected to the Internet for you to be able to enter
information in the Monthly Limit field.
8. In the Traffic Counter section, set the traffic counter to begin at a specific time and date.
9. In the Traffic Control section, enter a value in minutes to specify when the modem router issues a warning
message before the monthly limit in hours is reached.
This setting is optional. The modem router issues a warning when the balance falls under the number
of minutes that you enter. By default, the value is 0 and no warning message is issued.
10. Select one or more of the following actions to occur when the limit is reached:
•Turn the Internet LED to flashing white/amber. This setting is optional. When the traffic limit is
reached, the Internet LED alternates blinking white and amber.
•Disconnect and disable the Internet connection. This setting is optional. When the traffic limit is
reached, the Internet connection is disconnected and disabled.
11. Click the Apply button.
Your settings are saved and the modem router restarts.
The Internet Traffic Statistics section helps you to monitor the data traffic. For more information, see
View the Internet Traffic Volume and Statistics on page 173.
Unblock the Traffic Meter After the Traffic Limit Is Reached
If you configured the traffic meter to disconnect and disable the Internet connection after the traffic limit is
reached, you cannot access the Internet until you unblock the traffic meter.
If your ISP set a traffic limit, your ISP might charge you for the overage traffic.
To unblock the traffic meter:
1. Launch a web browser from a computer or mobile device that is connected to the network.
2. Enter http://www.routerlogin.net.
A login window opens.
3. Enter the modem router user name and password.
Manage the Modem Router and Monitor the Traffic
Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router Model D7000v2