Your settings are saved. The changed rule displays in the table on the Port Forwarding / Port Triggering
Remove a Port Forwarding Rule
You can remove a port forwarding rule that you no longer need.
To remove a port forwarding rule:
1. Launch a web browser from a computer or mobile that is connected to the network.
2. Enter http://www.routerlogin.net.
A login window opens.
3. Enter the modem router user name and password.
The user name is admin. The default password is password. The user name and password are
The BASIC Home page displays.
4. Select ADVANCED > Advanced Setup > Port Forwarding / Port Triggering.
The Port Forwarding/Port Triggering page displays.
5. Make sure that the Port Forwarding radio button is selected.
6. In the table, select the radio button for the service or application name.
7. Click the Delete Service button.
The rule is removed from the table.
Application Example: Make a Local Web Server Public
If you host a web server on your local network, you can use port forwarding to allow web requests from
anyone on the Internet to reach your web server.
To make a local web server public:
1. Assign your web server either a fixed IP address or a dynamic IP address using DHCP address
In this example, your modem router always gives your web server an IP address of 192.168.0.33.
2. On the Port Forwarding / Port Triggering page, configure the modem router to forward the HTTP service
to the local address of your web server at 192.168.0.33.
HTTP (port 80) is the standard protocol for web servers.
3. (Optional) Register a host name with a Dynamic DNS service, and specify that name on the Dynamic
DNS page of the modem router.
Dynamic DNS makes it much easier to access a server from the Internet because you can enter the
name in the web browser. Otherwise, you must know the IP address that the ISP assigned, which
Manage Port Forwarding and Port Triggering
Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router Model D7000v2