To add a port triggering rule:
1. Launch a web browser from a computer or mobile device that is connected to the network.
2. Enter http://www.routerlogin.net.
A login window opens.
3. Enter the modem router user name and password.
The user name is admin. The default password is password. The user name and password are
The BASIC Home page displays.
4. Select ADVANCED > Advanced Setup > Port Forwarding / Port Triggering.
The Port Forwarding / Port Triggering page displays.
5. Select the Port Triggering radio button.
The page adjusts.
6. Click the Add Service button.
The Port Triggering-Services page displays.
7. Specify a new port triggering rule with a custom service or application as described in the following
Enter the name of the custom service or application.Service Name
From the Service User menu, select Any, or select Single address and enter the IP
address of one computer:
•Any. This is the default setting and allows any computer on the Internet to use
•Single address. Restricts the service to a particular computer. Enter the IP address
in the field that becomes available with this selection from the menu.
Select the protocol (TCP or UDP) that is associated with the service or application.Service Type
Enter the number of the outbound traffic port that must open the inbound ports.Triggering Port
Select the protocol (TCP or UDP) that is associated with the inbound connection.
If you are unsure, select TCP/UDP.
Enter the start port number for the inbound connection.Starting Port
Enter the end port number for the inbound connection.Ending Port
8. Click the Apply button.
Manage Port Forwarding and Port Triggering
Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router Model D7000v2