3. Enter the modem router user name and password.
The user name is admin. The default password is password. The user name and password are
The BASIC Home page displays.
4. Wait for the modem router to determine if newer firmware is available.
This process might take a few minutes. If the modem router detects new firmware, the modem router
displays a message at the top of the page.
5. Click the message.
6. To update the modem router with the latest firmware, click the Yes button.
After the update, the modem router restarts.
To avoid the risk of corrupting the firmware, do not interrupt the update. For
example, do not close the browser, click a link, or load a new page. Do not
turn off the modem router.Wait until the modem router finishes restarting and
the Power LED turns solid white.
Access the Modem Router With the NETGEAR genie App
The genie app is the easy dashboard for managing, monitoring, and repairing your home network from a
smartphone, tablet, or WiFi-enabled computer. The genie app can help you with the following:
•Automatically repair common WiFi network problems.
•Easily manage modem router features such as Live Parental Controls, guest access, Internet traffic
meter, speed test, and more.
•Share and stream music or videos.
To use the genie app to access the modem router:
1. Visit the NETGEAR genie web page at netgear.com/genie.
2. Click the appropriate Download button.
3. Follow the onscreen instructions to install the app on your smartphone, tablet, or WiFi-enabled computer.
4. Launch the genie app.
The genie app dashboard displays.
Install and Access the Modem Router and Its Network
Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router Model D7000v2