Use the Internet Setup Wizard After Initial Setup
Whether you use DSL service or cable service, you can use the Setup Wizard to detect your Internet settings
and automatically set up your modem router.
The Setup Wizard is the same as NETGEAR genie, which launches the first time you
connect to your modem router.
To use the Setup Wizard:
1. Launch a web browser from a computer or WiFi device that is connected to the network.
2. Enter http://www.routerlogin.net.
A login window opens.
3. Enter the modem router user name and password.
The user name is admin. The default password is password. The user name and password are
The BASIC Home page displays.
4. Select ADVANCED > Setup Wizard.
The Setup Wizard page displays.
5. From the Country menu, select the country in which you use the modem router.
6. From the Internet Service Provider menu, select the Internet service provider (ISP) that you are using.
If your ISP is not in the menu, select Other.
7. Select the Yes radio button.
If you select the No radio button, you are taken to the Internet Setup page after you click the Next button.
For more information, see one of the following sections:
•Manually Set Up an ADSL Internet Connection on page 36
•Manually Set Up a VDSL Internet Connection on page 43
•Manually Set Up a Cable or Fiber Internet Connection on page 48
8. Click the Next button.
The Setup Wizard searches your Internet connection for servers and protocols to determine your ISP
When the modem router is connected to the Internet, the Congratulations! page displays, and you
successfully completed the setup process.
If the Congratulations! page does not display, other pages might display and you might need to provide
more information, in which case you must continue with the next step. The pages that display depend
on your type of ISP connection and configuration.
9. (Only if you are using a DSL connection and the following page displays) Specify a full scan to let the
Setup Wizard find the PVC protocol.
Manage the Internet Settings Manually
Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router Model D7000v2