To view or specify the settings for an ADSL Internet connection that requires a login and
uses a PPPoE or PPPoA service:
1. Launch a web browser from a computer or WiFi device that is connected to the network.
2. Enter http://www.routerlogin.net.
A login window opens.
3. Enter the modem router user name and password.
The user name is admin. The default password is password. The user name and password are
The BASIC Home page displays.
4. Select Internet.
The Internet Setup page displays.
5. From the Select Country menu, select the country in which you use the modem router.
The Select Country menu is not available in all countries and might be masked out.
6. From the Select Internet Service Provider menu, select the Internet service provider (ISP) that you
If your ISP is not in the menu, select Other.
7. From the Transfer Mode menu, select ADSL(ATM).
8. From the DSL Mode menu, select the ADSL mode that your ISP provided you:
•Auto. The modem router detects the DSL mode automatically. (This is the default setting.)
•ADSL. Legacy version of ADSL.
•ADSL2. Legacy version of ADSL2.
•ADSL2+. ADSL2+ provides the fastest downstream rates and can interoperate with ADSL2 and
9. Make sure that the Enable This Interface check box is selected.
10. Scroll down to the Does your Internet connection require a login? section and select the Yes radio
The page adjusts.
11. Enter the ADSL settings as described in the following table.
Select LLC-BASED or VC-BASED, as indicated by your ISP.
The multiplexing method can either be virtual circuit (VC) based or logical
link control (LLC) based.
Enter a number between 0 and 255 for the virtual circuit number for the virtual
path identifier (VPI), as indicated by your ISP.
If your ISP did not provide you with a VPI setting, leave the default setting
(8). The VPI might be required not only for a VC-based connection but also
for an LLC-based connection.
Manage the Internet Settings Manually
Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router Model D7000v2