Manually Set Up a VDSL Internet Connection
You can view or change the modem router’s VDSL Internet connection settings manually.
Some ISPs require that you register on their website before you can obtain Internet
service. Follow the directions that your ISP gave you.
Specify a VDSL Connection Without a Login
If you want to manually configure the VDSL connection settings, use the information that your ISP gave you
to connect to your Internet service. If you cannot find this information, contact your ISP. Entering incorrect
information might prevent the modem router from connecting to the Internet.
Some ISPs support two virtual interfaces: one Internet virtual interface and one IPTV
virtual interface. Before you specify the settings for the IPTV interface, first use the
following procedure to specify the settings for the Internet interface. Then repeat the
procedure to specify the settings for the IPTV interface. While doing so, follow the
directions that your ISP gave you.
To view or specify the settings for a VDSL Internet connection that does not require a login:
1. Launch a web browser from a computer or WiFi device that is connected to the network.
2. Enter http://www.routerlogin.net.
A login window opens.
3. Enter the modem router user name and password.
The user name is admin. The default password is password. The user name and password are
The BASIC Home page displays.
4. Select Internet.
The Internet Setup page displays.
5. From the Select Country menu, select the country in which you use the modem router.
The Select Country menu is not available in all countries and might be masked out.
6. From the Select Internet Service Provider menu, select the Internet service provider (ISP) that you
If your ISP is not in the menu, select Other.
7. From the Transfer Mode menu, select VDSL(PTM).
When you select VDSL(PTM) from the Transfer Mode menu, the only option in the DSL Mode menu
8. Make sure that the Enable This Interface check box is selected.
Manage the Internet Settings Manually
Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router Model D7000v2