Specify a Cable or Fiber Connection With a Login Requirement
and PPPoE Service
If you want to manually configure the cable or fiber connection settings, use the information that your ISP
gave you to log in and connect to your Internet service. If you cannot find this information, contact your ISP.
Entering incorrect information might prevent the modem router from connecting to the Internet.
The modem router provides a virtual Internet interface and a virtual IPTV interface. In most situations, you
only need to configure the Internet interface. If you use one or more IPTV devices, you might also need to
configure the IPTV interface. Follow the directions that your ISP gave you.
If you must configure the IPTV interface, first use the following procedure to configure
the Internet interface. Then, repeat the procedure to configure the IPTV interface.
To view or specify the settings for a cable or fiber Internet connection that requires a login
and uses a PPPoE service:
1. Launch a web browser from a computer or WiFi device that is connected to the network.
2. Enter http://www.routerlogin.net.
A login window opens.
3. Enter the modem router user name and password.
The user name is admin. The default password is password. The user name and password are
The BASIC Home page displays.
4. Select Internet.
The Internet Setup page displays.
5. From the Select Country menu, select the country in which you use the modem router.
The Select Country menu is not available in all countries and might be masked out.
6. From the Select Internet Service Provider menu, select the Internet service provider (ISP) that you
If your ISP is not in the menu, select Other.
7. Select the virtual interface:
•Internet interface. From the menu above the Enable This Interface check box, leave the default
menu selection at Internet.
•IPTV interface. From the menu above the Enable This Interface check box, select IPTV.
8. Specify that your ISP requires you to log in:
•If you are configuring the Internet interface, scroll down to the Does your Internet connection require
a login? section and select the Yes radio button.
•If you are configuring the IPTV interface, scroll down to the Does your IPTV connection require a
login? section and select the Yes radio button.
9. Make sure that the Enable This Interface check box is selected.
The page adjusts.
Manage the Internet Settings Manually
Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router Model D7000v2