11. Select the IPv6 filtering mode:
•Secured. In secured mode, which is the default mode, the modem router inspects both TCP and
•Open. In open mode, the modem router inspects UDP packets only.
12. Click the Apply button.
Your settings are saved.
Set Up an IPv6 Connection Through Auto Config
If your Internet connection does not use PPPoE, DHCP, a fixed IP address, or pass-through but is IPv6,
use the Auto Config connection type, which lets the modem router autoconfigure its IPv6 connection.
To set up an IPv6 Internet connection through autoconfiguration:
1. Launch a web browser from a computer or WiFi device that is connected to the network.
2. Enter http://www.routerlogin.net.
A login window opens.
3. Enter the modem router user name and password.
The user name is admin. The default password is password. The user name and password are
The BASIC Home page displays.
4. Select ADVANCED > Advanced Setup > IPv6.
The IPv6 page displays.
5. From the Internet Connection Type menu, select Auto Config.
The page adjusts.
The modem router automatically detects the information in the following fields:
•Router’s IPv6 Address On WAN. This field shows the IPv6 address that is acquired for the modem
router’s WAN (or Internet) interface. The number after the slash (/) is the length of the prefix, which
is also indicated by the underline (_) under the IPv6 address. If no address is acquired, the field
displays Not Available.
•Router’s IPv6 Address On LAN. This field shows the IPv6 address that is acquired for the modem
router’s LAN interface.The number after the slash (/) is the length of the prefix, which is also indicated
by the underline (_) under the IPv6 address. If no address is acquired, the field displays Not Available.
6. If your ISP gave you a specific user class, in the DHCP User Class (If Required) field, enter the user
If your ISP did not give you a specific user class, leave this field blank.
7. To specify a domain name, in the DHCP Domain Name (If Required) field, enter a domain name.
If your ISP gave you a specific domain name, enter it in this field. (For example, Earthlink Cable might
require a host name of home, and Comcast sometimes supplies a domain name.)
Manage the Internet Settings Manually
Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router Model D7000v2