Table 3. Common MTU sizes (Continued)
Used in PPPoA environments.1458
Used in PPTP environments or with VPN.1436
Change the MTU Size
An incorrect MTU setting can cause Internet communication problems. For
example, you might not be able to access certain websites, frames within
websites, secure login pages, or FTP or POP servers. Change the MTU only
if you are sure that it is necessary for your ISP connection.
To change the MTU size:
1. Launch a web browser from a computer or mobile device that is connected to the network.
2. Enter http://www.routerlogin.net.
A login window opens.
3. Enter the modem router user name and password.
The user name is admin. The default password is password. The user name and password are
The BASIC Home page displays.
4. Select ADVANCED > Setup > WAN Setup.
The WAN Setup page displays.
5. In the MTU Size field, enter a value from 616 to 1500.
The normal MTU (maximum transmit unit) value for most Ethernet networks is 1500 bytes, 1492 bytes
for PPPoE connections, or 1436 for PPTP connections.
6. Click the Apply button.
Your settings are saved.
Manage the Internet Settings Manually
Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router Model D7000v2