Your settings are saved.
Use the Modem Router as a WiFi Access Point
You can set up the modem router to function as a WiFi access point (AP) on the same local network as
another router. When the modem router functions as a WiFi AP, many router-related features are disabled.
If you want to change the modem router’s function, use a wired connection to avoid being
disconnected when the new function takes effect.
To set up the modem router as an AP:
1. Use an Ethernet cable to connect the red Internet port on the back panel of the modem router to a LAN
port on the other router.
2. Launch a web browser from a computer or WiFi device that is connected to the network.
3. Enter http://www.routerlogin.net.
A login window opens.
4. Enter the modem router user name and password.
The user name is admin. The default password is password. The user name and password are
The BASIC Home page displays.
5. Select ADVANCED > Advanced Setup > Wireless AP.
The Wireless AP page displays.
6. Select the Enable AP Mode check box.
The information onscreen adjusts.
7. Scroll down and select the radio button for the IP address setting that you want to use:
•Get dynamically from existing router. The other router on the network assigns an IP address to
the modem router while the modem router functions in access point mode.
•Enable fixed IP settings on this device (not recommended). Use this setting if you want to
manually assign a specific IP address to the modem router while it functions in access point mode.
Using this option effectively requires advanced network experience.
To avoid interference with other routers or gateways on your network, we recommend
that you use different WiFi settings on each router. You can also turn off the WiFi
radio on the other router or gateway and use the modem router only for WiFi client
8. Click the Apply button.
The IP address of the modem router changes, and you are disconnected.
9. To reconnect, close and restart your web browser and enter http://www.routerlogin.net.
Manage the WiFi Network Settings
Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router Model D7000v2