Set Up Parental Controls
The first time that you select Parental Controls from the BASIC Home page, your browser goes to the
Parental Controls website.You can learn more about parental controls or download the application.
After you set up and enable parental controls, you can change the web filtering level for each device on the
network through the network map page on the genie app.
To set up parental controls:
1. Launch a web browser from a computer or mobile device that is connected to the network.
2. Enter http://www.routerlogin.net.
A login window opens.
3. Enter the modem router user name and password.
The user name is admin. The default password is password. The user name and password are
The BASIC Home page displays.
4. Select Parental Controls.
The Parental Controls website opens.
5. Click the button for the app or version that you want to download and use.
6. Follow the onscreen instructions to download and install the genie app.
7. Open the genie app and select Parental Controls.
After installation, Parental Controls automatically starts.
8. Click the Next button, read the note, and click the Next button again.
Because Parental Controls uses free OpenDNS accounts, you are prompted to log in or create a free
9. Select a radio button as follows:
•If you already own an OpenDNS account, leave the Yes radio button selected.
•If you do not own an OpenDNS account, select the No radio button.
If you are creating an account, the Create a free OpenDNS account page displays. Do the following:
a. Complete the fields.
b. Click the Next button.
After you log on or create your account, the filtering level page displays.
10. Select the radio button for the filtering level that you want and click the Next button.
The Setup is complete page displays.
11. Click the Take me to the status screen button.
The Status page displays. Parental controls are now set up for the modem router.
12. To enable parental controls, click the Enable Live Parental Controls button.
Control Access to the Internet
Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router Model D7000v2