7. To remove a device from blocked list, do the following:
a. Select the check box for the device.
b. Click the Delete button.
The device is removed from the blocked list.
8. Click the Apply button.
Your settings are saved.
Use Keywords to Block Internet Sites
You can block keywords and domains (websites) to prevent certain types of HTTP traffic from accessing
your network. By default, keyword blocking is disabled and no domains are blocked.
Set Up Blocking
You can set up blocking of specific keywords and domains to occur continuously or according to a schedule.
To set up keyword and domain blocking:
1. Launch a web browser from a computer or mobile device that is connected to the network.
2. Enter http://www.routerlogin.net.
A login window opens.
3. Enter the modem router user name and password.
The user name is admin. The default password is password. The user name and password are
The BASIC Home page displays.
4. Select ADVANCED > Security > Block Sites.
The Block Sites page displays.
5. Specify a keyword blocking option:
•Per Schedule. Use keyword blocking according to a schedule that you set.
For more information, see Set Up a Schedule for Keyword Blocking and Outbound Firewall Rules
on page 103.
•Always. Use keyword blocking continuously.
6. In the Type keyword or domain name here field, enter a keyword or domain.
Here are some sample entries:
•Specify XXX to block http://www.badstuff.com/xxx.html.
•Specify .com if you want to allow only sites with domain suffixes such as .edu or .gov.
•Enter a period (.) to block all Internet browsing access.
7. Click the Add Keyword button.
Control Access to the Internet
Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router Model D7000v2