Connect Over Ethernet Using a Computer Connected to the
The following procedure assumes that your network includes a DHCP server (or router that functions as a
DHCP server) and that the access point and the computer are on the same network. By default, the DHCP
client of the access point is enabled. If you want to set up the access point with a static (fixed) IP address,
see Connect Over Ethernet Using a Directly Connected Computer on page 13.
To connect to the access point using a computer that is connected to the same network as
the access point:
1. To determine the IP address that your router or DHCP server in the network assigned to the access
point, access the router or DHCP server or use an IP network scanner.
Free IP address scanner utilities are available online.
2. On the computer, open a web browser and, in the address bar, enter the IP address that is assigned to
the access point.
A login window opens.
3. Enter the access point user name and password.
The user name is admin. The default password is password. The user name and password are
The Home page displays.
4. Customize the access point settings for your network environment.
Connect Over Ethernet Using a Directly Connected Computer
If your network does not include a DHCP server (or router that functions as a DHCP server), you want to
assign a static IP address to the access point, or for some reason you cannot connect over WiFi or over a
network connection, you can use a computer that is directly connected through an Ethernet cable to a LAN
port on the access point.
The default IP address of the access point is 192.168.0.100.
To connect to the access point using a computer that is connected to a LAN port on the
1. Record the IP address and subnet mask of your computer so that you can reinstate these IP address
2. Temporarily change the IP address on your computer to 192.168.0.210 with 255.255.255.0 as the subnet
(You can actually use any IP address in the 192.168.0.2–192.168.0.254 range, with the exception of IP
address 192.168.0.100, which is the default access point IP address.)
For more information about changing the IP address on your computer, see the help or documentation
for your computer.
3. Use an Ethernet cable to connect your computer to a LAN port on the access point.
4. On the computer, open a web browser and enter 192.168.0.100 in the address bar.
A login window opens.
Install and Access the Access Point in Your Network
802.11ac Wireless Access Point Model WAC104