Configure WEP Legacy WiFi Security
Wired Equivalent Privacy (WEP) security is a legacy authentication and data encryption mode that is
superseded by WPA-PSK and WPA2-PSK. WEP limits the WiFi transmission speed to 54 Mbps (the access
point is capable of speeds of up 300 Mbps in the 2.4 GHz band).
If you want to change the WiFi settings of the access point’s network, use a wired
connection to avoid being disconnected when the new WiFi settings take effect.
To configure WEP security:
1. Open a web browser from a computer that is connected to the same network as the access point or to
the access point directly through an Ethernet cable or WiFi connection.
2. Enter the IP address that is assigned to the access point.
A login window opens.
3. Enter the access point user name and password.
The user name is admin. The default password is password. The user name and password are
The Home page displays.
4. Select Setup > Wireless Setup.
The Wireless Network page displays.
5. In the Wireless Network (2.4GHz b/g/n) section, from the Mode menu, select Up to 54 Mbps.
The page adjusts to display the WEP radio button.
Manage the Basic WiFi Network Settings
802.11ac Wireless Access Point Model WAC104