To reset the access point to factory default settings:
1. On the back of the access point, locate the recessed Reset button to the left of the Power On/Off button.
2. Using a straightened paper clip, press and hold the Reset button for at least 10 seconds.
3. Release the Reset button.
The configuration is reset to factory default settings. When the reset is complete, the access point
reboots. This process takes about two minutes.
To avoid the risk of corrupting the firmware, do not interrupt the reset. For
example, if you are connected to the access point web management interface,
do not close the browser, click a link, or load a new page. Do not turn off the
access point. Wait until the access point finishes restarting and the Power
LED remains solid green.
Erase the Settings
This process erases all settings that you configured in the access point.
To erase the settings:
1. Open a web browser from a computer that is connected to the same network as the access point or to
the access point directly through an Ethernet cable or WiFi connection.
2. Enter the IP address that is assigned to the access point.
A login window opens.
3. Enter the access point user name and password.
The user name is admin. The default password is password. The user name and password are
The Home page displays.
4. Select Administration > Backup Settings.
The Backup Settings page displays.
5. Click the Erase button.
Manage the Access Point and Monitor the Traffic
802.11ac Wireless Access Point Model WAC104