Set Up the WiFi Base Station
The WiFi repeating function works only in hub and spoke mode. Units cannot be daisy-chained.You must
know the WiFi settings for all units.You must also know the MAC addresses of the remote units. First, set
up the base station, then set up one or more repeaters.
To set up the base station:
1. Open a web browser from a computer that is connected to the same network as the access point or to
the access point directly through an Ethernet cable or WiFi connection.
2. Enter the IP address that is assigned to the access point.
A login window opens.
3. Enter the access point user name and password.
The user name is admin. The default password is password. The user name and password are
The Home page displays.
4. Make sure that the WiFi settings match the requirements for the WiFi repeating function.
For you to use the WiFi repeating function, you cannot use the auto channel feature for the access point
and the SSID broadcast must be enabled. We recommend that you use WPA2-PSK to secure the WiFi
communication for the WDS.
5. Select Advanced Setup > Wireless Repeating Function.
The Wireless Repeating Function page displays.
6. Select the Enable Wireless Repeating Function (2.4GHz b/g/n) check box or the Enable Wireless
Repeating Function (5GHz a/n/ac) check box.
Manage the Advanced WiFi Features
802.11ac Wireless Access Point Model WAC104