You can access your router over the Internet to view or change its settings. You must
know the router’s WAN IP address to use this feature.
Note: Be sure to change the password for the user name admin to a secure password.
The ideal password contains no dictionary words from any language and contains
uppercase and lowercase letters, numbers, and symbols. It can be up to 30 characters.
See Change the admin Password on page 100.
Set Up Remote Management
To set up remote management:
1. Launch a web browser from a computer or mobile device that is connected to the
2. Enter http://www.routerlogin.net.
A login window opens.
3. Enter the router admin user name and password.
The user name is admin. The password is the one that you specified the first time
that you logged in. The user name and password are case-sensitive.
The BASIC Home page displays.
4. Select ADVANCED > Advanced Setup > Remote Management.
The Remote Management page displays.
5. Select the Turn Remote Management On check box.
6. In the Allow Remote Access By section, specify the external IP addresses to be allowed
to access the router’s remote management.
Note: For enhanced security, restrict access to as few external IP addresses as
Select one of the following:
•Only This Computer. Allow access from a single IP address on the Internet. Enter
the IP address to be allowed access.
•IP Address Range. Allow access from a range of IP addresses on the Internet.
Enter a beginning IP address and an ending IP address to define the allowed
•Everyone. Allow access from any IP address on the Internet.
User Manual110Manage Your Router
Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream AX6000 WiFi Router