6. To change the service type, scroll down and select the TCP radio button.
7. To change the port, scroll down to the Service Port field, and type the port number
that you want to use.
8. Click the Apply button.
Your changes are saved. VPN is enabled in the router, but you must install and set
up OpenVPN software on your computer before you can use a VPN connection.
Install OpenVPN Software
You must install this software on each Windows computer, Mac computer, iOS device,
or Android device that you plan to use for VPN connections to your router.
Install OpenVPN Software on Your Windows Computer
You must install this software on each Windows computer that you plan to use for VPN
connections to your router.
To install VPN client software on your Windows computer:
1. Launch a web browser from a computer or mobile device that is connected to the
2. Enter http://www.routerlogin.net.
A login window opens.
3. Enter the router user name and password.
The user name is admin. The password is the one that you specified the first time
that you logged in. The user name and password are case-sensitive.
The BASIC Home page displays.
4. Select ADVANCED > Advanced Setup > VPN Service.
The VPN Service page displays.
5. Make sure that the Enable VPN Service check box is selected.
6. Specify any VPN service settings on the page.
For more information, see Specify VPN Service in the Router on page 139.
7. Click the For Windows button to download the OpenVPN configuration files.
8. Visit openvpn.net/index.php/download/community-downloads.html to download
the OpenVPN client utility.
User Manual140Use VPN to Access Your Network
Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream AX6000 WiFi Router