• Open. In open mode, the router inspects UDP packets only.
10. Click the Apply button.
Your settings are saved.
Set up an IPv6 DHCP Internet connection
To set up an IPv6 Internet connection with a DHCP server:
1. Launch a web browser from a computer or mobile device that is connected to the
2. Enter http://www.routerlogin.net.
A login window opens.
3. Enter the router admin user name and password.
The user name is admin. The password is the one that you specified the first time
that you logged in. The user name and password are case-sensitive.
The BASIC Home page displays.
4. Select ADVANCED > Advanced Setup > IPv6.
The IPv6 page displays.
5. From the Internet Connection Type menu, select DHCP.
The page adjusts.
The router automatically detects the information in the following fields:
•Router’s IPv6 Address on WAN. This field shows the IPv6 address that is acquired
for the router’s WAN (or Internet) interface. The number after the slash (/) is the
length of the prefix, which is also indicated by the underline (_) under the IPv6
address. If no address is acquired, the field displays Not Available.
•Router’s IPv6 Address on LAN. This field shows the IPv6 address that is acquired
for the router’s LAN interface. The number after the slash (/) is the length of the
prefix, which is also indicated by the underline (_) under the IPv6 address. If no
address is acquired, the field displays Not Available.
6. (Optional) In the User Class (If Required) field, enter a host name.
Most people can leave this field blank, but if your ISP gave you a specific host name,
enter it here.
7. (Optional) In the Domain Name (If Required) field, enter a domain name.
You can type the domain name of your IPv6 ISP. Do not enter the domain name for
the IPv4 ISP here. For example, if your ISP’s mail server is mail.xxx.yyy.zzz, type
User Manual35Specify Your Internet Settings
Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream AX6000 WiFi Router